As of writing this piece, there have been 75 cases of COVID-19 reported in India. The public health machinery has swung into action.
While prevention is definitely better than cure, it is equally important not to fall prey to rumours and misinformation. This can often be more dangerous than the pandemic itself.
As The Zucker Doctor @DoctorLFC puts it here are the 8 ‘S’s to safeguard against COVID 19:
- Soap & Water: Washing your hands
- Social Distancing
- Stop touching your face
- Self-quarantine (if travelled)
- Self report any known symptoms
- Suspend all non-essential travel
- Stop spreading rumours…it is no less than a crime
- Smile and Relax…most important!
The 8 S's of preventive measures for #COVID2019
• Soap & Water – Hand washing
• Social Distancing
• Stop touching your face
• Self quarantine (if travel)
• Self report (if symtpoms)
• Suspend non-essential travel
• Spreading rumors = crime
• Smile and Relax#CoronaVirus
— The Zucker Doctor (@DoctorLFC) March 11, 2020
- Sneeze and Cough by covering your mouth & nose with a tissue / handkerchief or in the flexed fold of your elbow–NOT into the open air or by covering it with your hands.
It is our collective responsibility to adhere to these guidelines and help keep our homes and workplaces safe.
At Finezza, we decided to set some ground rules in the best interests of the team at large. We have also created this handy visual to help spread this message 👇🏼.
Here’s what we at Finezza have committed to do:
- Every team-member MUST wash their hands for twenty seconds every time they come into the office from outside.
- Each individual must get his / her hand towels for use.
- Arrangements are made to disinfect each door handle with chloroxylenol periodically.
- Employees are urged to read the preventive steps above and follow them rigorously.
Very often, a crisis of such epic proportions puts public health services under pressure. Therefore, it is important for everyone to act responsibly and remain vigilant.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- You need to isolate yourself for 14 days if you have travelled to any COVID-19 hotspots in the past fortnight or have been in close proximity to an infected family member, to check for symptoms.
- You can check these hotpots from over here.
- If you identify the symptoms as shared above, do not visit a hospital directly. Instead, contact 011-23978046, the dedicated 24X7 helpline number provided by the Ministry of Health.
Stay healthy, stay safe.